Thursday, September 20, 2007

Overwhelmed

I won't be able to buy a dress for at least five or six months, and most of them are so expensive that I'll never be able to afford them, but that's not stopping me from perusing the sites and checking out the styles. I'm finding myself gravitating toward a particular style, but there aren't a lot of them out there. There are so many designers, so many styles, so many dresses...it's crazy! So, I've been kind of randomly going around, just saving .jpgs of anything that strikes my fancy. I've also learned a nifty trick to help me stay organized. I name the files this way: designerstylenumber.jpg. That way, when I want to find a certain dress again, I don't have to go through random picture files of dresses and go "Um... I don't remember where I found this!"

Today I went to the library and checked out a couple of planning books:
  • Going Bridal: How to Get Married Without Losing Your Mind
  • Wonderful Wedding for Cost-Conscious Couples
I think they'll be fun reads. The covers are neat, at any rate.

Adam and I are waffling on the date. Halloween would be a fun day, and easy to remember, but it's a Friday, and with most of our guests coming in from out of town, that could prove challenging. November 1st is a good day too. I like both days, and I told him that it's up to him. Hopefully we'll have a finalized date for you guys soon!

3 comments:

Kari Anne said...

Oh good. MORE ways to feed my blogging addiction... :) You two are SO cute! Bet you will look even cuter on Nov. 1st, 2008 though ;)

Zenosidal said...

A-oomm!!! Isn't there a little ring bearer? :-P LoL

Shannon said...

A tip for saving things like wedding dresses, I use stylehive.com which is a shopping social network. Since I'm young and I've never kept house before, I'm also tagging stuff I'm looking at for the home/registry there, but it's really a great site for saving any shopping thing. I've been using it for over a year, so I've got all kinds of stuff tagged from fashion to gifts. http://www.stylehive.com/person/shannonkay/grid

I think fall is really nice, but I'm hoping to get married in the spring. But if not by May, it'll be next september! check out my couple blog too! http://shannonandjerrod.com congratulations!