I COMPLETELY forgot about this blog...just happened to be reading over my Live Journal profile and saw the link. Yikes!
It's been more than five years since I last posted here. Wow. I'm a bad blogger.
I blog very infrequently on my personal blog as well. Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram... all of those are faster-moving and probably cooler (well, I don't know about FB), so we all spend most of our time on those sites. I miss the days when Live Journal was such a community.
Let me see if I can give a rundown of the biggest events from the past five years...
01. I lost my stepfather. :(
02. Adam lost his grandfather.
03. Many Disney trips, including one when I got to bring my Mommy! :)
04. Aidan growing into an awesome person. He gets straight As and just had a trip to DC for a conference.
05. Adam got his own car, a Toyota Prius. I still have my car as well, but I'm not sure how much longer she'll last. She's chugging along, though. She's a tough cookie.
06. I enrolled in yoga teacher training in 2012 and got certified to teach in 2013.
07. Adam sold a few more books.
08. I started writing again!
09. I took some acting classes.
10. I got to be an extra in movies and on TV shows.
11. My sister-in-law Cassidy had a daughter named Lola and Lola is soooo awesome! I love her so much!
12. Lots of jobs that have come and gone.
13. I've been doing work-trade for Moksha for a long time in exchange for free yoga.
14. I got a passport, but I haven't used it yet.
15. Met some A-list actors.
16. Traveled to Los Angeles, Atlanta, Orlando, Jekyll Island, and back home to visit family.
17. Met so many amazing authors!
18. Fi came to live with us and I am crazy about that cat.
I still have a like/hate relationship with Chicago. Weather, traffic, cost of living, crime, intensity. Those are things I still dislike. But I love Moksha, my yoga community, the opportunities to make money (working from home!) even though most don't seem to last as long as I'd like, the shopping, Millennium Park, Anderson's Bookshop, the cool people I meet, even if we just have one awesome evening together, cool places to eat. The friends I've made. I try to focus on those things when I get frustrated living there--and believe me, I get frustrated almost every day--or else I'd be even more depressed.
Anyway, that's all I can think of for now. I guess that was my five year check in. :) Hopefully I won't go so long before updating again. (Is anyone even reading this anymore?)